Saturday 31 December 2011

NEW YEAR'S EVE....

Tomorrow is the dawning of a new year (obviously, or today by the time I post this)...

And to what delight do you owe this delightful post from me? Two things:
  1.  A movie review (Tucker and Dale Vs Evil to be exact.)
  2.  A few words on whether or not I believe the world's going to end in 2012.
BUT FIRST


Tucker And Dale Vs Evil.

 

Star rating: 5/5 overall. 
5/5 for Originality (Something we are sadly lacking in films these days...)
5/5 for laughs.
4/5 for gore, guts and other kinds of horror things.
5/5 for acting and wonderful characters.



Tucker And Dale Vs Evil  is a comedy horror that follows two unconventional heroes (Tucker and Dale) as they try to fix up a summer home in the woods. Unfortunately a group of collage kids have other ideas, or at least get the wrong idea, and the fun holiday turns into a mess for all of them. The whole film is put together wonderfully, from the moment it starts to the final moment it's funny and clever and though sometimes shaky it holds together well, considering the plot line.

I say all this on my first watch of the film, and the main thing is that it was entertaining, so my judgement is clouded by the joy of first watch but I think it's re-watchable (at least once or twice) even once you know the twists.

I won't lie though, my favourite thing had to be Tucker and Dale. They're loveable, kind, and just brilliant.

BUT final verdict? If you love horror, love comedy, then watch it. It's a beautiful blend of the two genres which lovingly mocks the clichés that run wild in horror whithout  being irritating or crude (mostly anyway).

SECONDLY OF ALL

2012: End of the world?


How the hell should I know?  I mean my honest answer is probably not, mostly because the end of the Mayan calender (from what I've heard) means a great change or the end of a cycle rather than the end of the world, I mean it's more likely that aliens are going to show up and take us to their leaders then an asteroid hitting and wiping us all out. Really.

I know there are are other things pointing to the end of the world, but then there always are, I think if it is true then we should all just ignore it and just go on living life to the full (or, er, something else inspirational I suppose.)

That said I guess the 'great changer' or 'end of the world' (because it might mean that, I can't really say because I've never met any Mayans) could mean a zombie apocalypse and if there's anything I'm prepared for it's that.

So, indeed, happy new year, and zombies? Beware!


Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment